School tuition fees and supplementary costs
Academic year 2017-18
Tuition Fees (per term – there are three terms per year)
Kindergarten KN & KR £2,996 *, £2,229.20 with EYFS subsidy – see Appendix I
Kindergarten K1 & K2 £3,524
Junior School J3-Removes £3,736
Senior School Key Stage 3 £3,964 (Shell-L4)
Senior School Key Stage 4 £4,168 (U4-U5)
Payment of Fees Fees may be paid in one of the following ways:
- In full (by cheque, bank transfer, credit or debit card) on or before the first day of each academic term; or
- By twelve monthly instalments by Direct Debit over the period 1st August until 31st Further details can be obtained from the Bursary.
Please note that the School does not accept payment of fees in cash.
The agreement for the education of a pupil at the school may only be terminated by giving a FULL TERM’S NOTICE IN WRITING or by the payment of a full term’s fees in lieu. Notice must be given on or before the first day of the term. There is no refund for absence, regardless of reason for absence. Insurance against absence due to illness is strongly recommended through the School Fees Protection Plan.
Half a term’s notice in writing is required if your child wishes to stop having school lunches, music sessions, SEN tuition or any extra-curricular activities involving a cost.
School Lunches: are charged at £3.95 per day
Packed Lunch Cover Charge: £25.00 per term
Direct Debit Charge: £20.00 per term per family
SEN Tuition: Special Education Needs tuition is available on a one-to-one basis. Tuition is charged at £47.00 per hour. For some pupils, the School may propose that group tuition will be beneficial, in which case this will be charged at £12.50 per pupil per session.
Personal Accident Insurance: The School has third party liability insurance. However, the school also operates an additional opt-out insurance scheme for Personal Accident Insurance for pupils. During the academic year 2016/17, the cost was £7.35 per pupil per term and the School recommends that pupils be covered. The cost for 2017/18 will be provided to parents as soon as it is known from Insurers. If parents do not wish to have their children covered by this insurance then they must write to the Bursar requesting this.
School Fee Remission Insurance: Fee Remission Insurance is also available. During the academic year 2016/17 it was charged at 1.05% of termly fees. The cost for 2017/18 will be provided to parents as soon as it is know from Insurers.
Pre-School Supervision: Pre-School supervision is available from:
- 7.30am – 8.30am – 8.30am (including breakfast) at £7.00 per session; and
- 8.00am – 8.30am (not including breakfast) at £3.50 per session.
Post-School Supervision: is available from 3.20pm until 6.00pm. The charges are as follows:
- 3.20pm – 4.00pm (not including packed tea) at £3.50 per session;
- 4.00pm – 5.00pm (not including packed tea) at £4.00 per session; and
- 5.00pm – 6.00pm (including packed tea) at £6.00 per session.
Please note that:
- An additional surcharge of £20.00 per half hour is levied if a child is collected after 6.00 pm; and
- An additional charge of £10.00 per day is applied if a child attends, but is not pre-booked into post school supervision.
Holiday Club: Holiday Club runs during the school holidays for nine weeks each year from 8.30 am until 4.00 pm. The cost per day is £29, a discount is available if paid in advance.
Extra-Curricular Activities There are a large number of extra-curricular activities which operate each week and are supervised by School Staff for which there is usually no charge. The activities specified below are either supervised by outside agencies or use materials bought especially for the activity. Consequently there is a cost involved and this has been passed on to those pupils attending the club. Where costs are stated per term, the School will provide 10 sessions only per term, regardless of the number of weeks in the term.
Music Lessons: The School is able to offer individual tuition in voice, piano and a range of other instruments. If you would like your child(ren) to have individual music lessons the cost depends on the lesson/instrument taken. The cost will be clarified at the time of booking. The lessons take place during school time or, occasionally, out of school hours. The cost is invoiced termly.
The School is able to offer a variety of clubs and extra-curricular activities from time-to-time. Some examples of these are provided below however it should be noted that the list is for illustrative purposes only and that the exact range of clubs and activities on offer at any time, along with the charges for them, should be obtained from the relevant section of the School.
Kindergarten Ballet/Tap Lessons: This club is run by external organiser and all fees are paid directly to the organiser.
Kindergarten Art Club: £20 per term
Kindergarten DT Club: £20 per term
Rifle Club: £3 per session
Karate Club: This club is run by external organiser and all fees are paid directly to the organiser.
Football: This club is run by an external organiser and all fees are paid directly to the organiser.
Boxing Club: £30 per term
Street Dancing: £50 per term
Messy Monkeys: £15 per term
Junior Craft Club: £15 per term
Junior Science Club: £20 per term
Food Technology: £9 per term Please note there may be a waiting list for these activities. If you would like to add your name to the list please telephone the school office.
Appendix 1 – Early Years Funding If your child is aged between three and four and meets the date of birth criteria set by KCC they will be entitled to up to 15 hours per week (five 3-hour sessions) Free Early Education per year. The School offers two “patterns of delivery” and the Free Early Education can only be claimed as permitted by whichever is the appropriate pattern of delivery. Three and four year old children must attend during the Kent designated headcount week to be able to claim Free Early Education for that academic term. The amount of Early Years Funding available depends on a number of factors and the School will be pleased to provide a personalised illustration of the breakdown of funding and costs for any sessions not covered by the funding. Please contact the Bursary for further details.
- For new KN pupils who have an older sibling who have formally accepted or have an existing place at Gad’s Hill School in KR or above, the 15 hours of funded early years provision is available for any of our published morning or afternoon sessions providing there are vacancies and subject to our usual entrance criteria.
- For new KN pupils who require 15hrs/week or fewer of funded early years provision this is available for the afternoon sessions: 12:30pm to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday providing there are vacancies and subject to our usual entrance criteria. Morning sessions will be available and chargeable at the school’s published rate.
Note: Early Years Funding from KCC changes slightly depending on the number of weeks in each term. The School cannot fulfil the maximum entitlement of 570 hours of Free Early Years Education as it is open less than 38 weeks per year. The illustration shown above is approximate and is for guidance only.