School Tuition Fees: Academic Year 2016-17
(Tuition fees shown are per term – there are three terms per year)
Kindergarten KN & KR £1,995* with KCC EYFS funding
Kindergarten K1 & K2 £3,375
Junior School J3 – Removes £3,575
Key Stage 3 £3,795
Key Stage 4 £3,995
*If your child is aged between three and four and meets the date of birth criteria set by KCC they will be entitled to a maximum of 570 hours Free Early Education per year. This can be taken in a pattern of up to 15 hours per week (five 3-hour sessions) for 38 weeks a year.
Three and four year old children must attend during the Kent designated headcount week to be able to claim Free Early Education for that academic term.
Please note, Early Years Funding from KCC changes slightly depending on the number of weeks in each term. The School cannot fulfil the maximum entitlement of 570 hours of Free Early Years Education as it is open less than 38 weeks per year. The illustration shown above is approximate and is for guidance only.
Please note that with effect from September 2017, our “Pattern of Delivery” for the 15 hours of funded Early Years provision is as follows:
- For new KN pupils who have an older sibling who have formally accepted or have an existing place at Gad’s Hill School in KR or above, the 15 hours of funded early years provision is available for any of our published morning or afternoon sessions providing there are vacancies and subject to our usual entrance criteria.
- For new KN pupils who require 15hrs/week or fewer of funded early years provision this is available for the afternoon sessions: 12:30pm to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday providing there are vacancies and subject to our usual entrance criteria. Morning sessions will be available and chargeable at the school’s published rate.
When utilising Early Years Funding details are shown below:
Note: One 3 hour session is equivalent to one morning or afternoon per week.
Nursery session times are:-
Mornings -8.50am – 11.50am
Afternoons – 12.10pm – 3.10pm
Timings for academic year 17/18 are:
Mornings – 8.50 – 11.50am
Lunch – 11.50am – 12.30pm
PM session – 12.30 – 3.30pm
* Early Years Funding from KCC changes slightly depending on the number of weeks in each term. The illustration shown above is approximate and for guidance only.
Payment of Fees
Fees may be paid in one of the following ways:
- Fees may be paid in full on or before the first day of each academic term.
- by twelve monthly instalments by Direct Debit over the period 1st August until 31st July
Further details can be obtained from the School Bursar.
The agreement for the education of a pupil at the school may only be terminated by giving a FULL TERM’S NOTICE IN WRITING or by the payment of a full term’s fees in lieu. Notice must be given on or before the first day of the term. There is no refund for absence. Insurance against absence due to illness is strongly recommended through the School Fees Protection Plan.
Half a term’s notice in writing is required if your child wishes to stop having school lunches, music, SEN tuition or any extra-curricular activities involving a cost.
School Lunches: are charged at £3.80 per day.
Packed Lunch Cover Charge: £25.00 per term
Direct Debit Charge: £20.00 per term per family
SEN Tuition: Special Education Needs tuition is available on a one to one basis.
Tuition is charged at £45.00 per hour
Personal Accident Insurance
The School has third party liability insurance as required by law. However, the school also operates an additional opt-out insurance scheme for Personal Accident Insurance for pupils. The cost is £7.35 per term and the School recommends that pupils be covered. If parents do not wish to have their children covered by this insurance then they must write to the Bursar requesting this.
School Fee Remission Insurance: Fee Remission Insurance is charged at 1.05% of termly fees.
Pre-School supervision is available from 8am until 8.35am at £3.50 per session.
Post-School supervision is available from 3.20pm until 5.30pm. The charges are as follows:
- 3.10 pm – 4.00 pm – £3.50 per session
- 4.00 pm – 4.45 pm – £3.50 per session
- 4.45 pm – 5.30 pm – £3.50 per session
- A surcharge of £20.00 per half hour is levied if a child is collected after 5.30pm
- A charge of £10 is applied if a child attends, but is not pre-booked into post-school supervision
Holiday Club runs during the school holidays for nine weeks each year from 8.30 am until 4.00 pm. The cost per day is £29, a discount is available if paid in advance
Extra Curricular Activities
There are a large number of extra curricular activities which operate each week and are supervised by School Staff for which there are usually no charge. The activities specified below are either supervised by outside agencies or use materials bought especially for the activity. Consequently there is a cost involved and this has been passed on to those pupils attending the club. Where costs are stated per term this is deemed to mean 10 lessons per term
The School is able to offer individual tuition in voice, piano and a range of other instruments. If you would like your child(ren) to have individual music lessons the cost depends on the lesson/instrument taken. The cost will be clarified at the time of booking. The lessons take place during school time or, occasionally, out of school hours. The cost is invoiced termly.
KindergartenBallet/Tap Lessons £45.00 per term
Kindergarten Art Club £20.00 per term
Kindergarten DT Club £20.00 per term
Rifle Club £3 per session
Karate Club This club is run by external organiser and all fees are paid directly to the organiser.
Football This club is run by an external organiser and all fees are paid directly to the organiser.
Boxing Club £30.00 per term
Street Dancing £50 per term
Messy Monkeys £15 per term
Junior Craft Club £15 per term
Junior Science Club £20 per term
Food Technology £9 per term
Please note there may be a waiting list for these classes. If you would like to add your name to the list please telephone the school office.